Monday 22 July 2013

Lovely York

York is a pretty special place. 

People always go on about old world charm, and with York, it's true. Nothing quite like wandering around cobbled streets and narrow alleyways, feeling like maybe this is what it's like to live in the fourteenth century. York is a very walkable city, and if you get tired there is no shortage of food stops. I brought my polaroid the day that we went, the pictures turned out pretty well - maybe I will post them in a future update :) 



The Shambles are enchanting - little shops all lined on a higgledy-piggledy street full of knick-knacks, sweets and chocolate wonderlands. There's always something mysterious about the old.

BIG LUNCH at Oscar's, we got a nice seat by a big french window with the sun shining through :) I ordered their Oscar's Special Burger (an onslaught of beef, bacon, mushrooms and cheese) and Dan got their Mexican Bean Burger. The food was quite good, although I felt that Dan's bean burger was a bit tastier than mine. Both were massive and impossible to finish, and that's coming from me, with my empty pit of a stomach that wants to devour the contents of the universe. 


We got a 99 with TWO flakes! WOO! Highlight of my day. 

Handmade chocolate! What more can I say. A little bit pricey, but worth every penny.

Another usual stop we make is at The Old White Swan. It's just a nice pub, especially in the winter because it's pretty cosy indoors. We sat outside that day though, with some ale and a pork pie with apple sauce. Just a nice place for a chilled out meal, I think.

York train station is also really nice. However, this is not a picture of the nice bit haha. Imagine a big, old fashioned steel clock and steel arches that go across the roof of the station. Think: what England looks like if you opened an old photo album, except with newer trains. Just lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment