Wednesday 16 January 2013

Chilli Cake Deli

Just off Linthorpe Road in Middlesbrough, on Baker Street, there's this little place called the Chilli Cake Deli. Just found it the other day on the way to the opening of a friend of a friend's boutique, Vintageous Rags, on the same street. I didn't realise there were so many shops down that little side street. So I made a point to go back and check it out :)



I invited Priscilla to come along because I thought she'd like the place. It's pretty cosy inside. Reminded us of the little boutique cafes we have in KL. Just a nice environment to have a cup of coffee and chill out.


It was snowing and cold outside, so I ordered the hazelnut hot chocolate! It was so rich and chocolatey and goooood. It's quite cool, the chocolate bit comes on the end of a stick, which is that dark brown bit you see in the picture. It's in milk, with some cream, pop rocks and a flake.

You kinda just stir it all together and you get this lovely thick hot chocolate with a really frothy top because of the pop rocks. Yum! Also, I love the sound of pop rocks crackling. Reminds me of rice crispies :D


Green tea latte! Exciting! They always have this in coffee places in KL and it's so nice, so Pris decided to give it a go. It was still nice but quite different to what we were used to because it was more milky than green tea-y.


Being asian tourists.


I had the Cajun Chicken salad and it was really tasty :) Everything was quite affordable on the menu - I don't think I noticed anything that was over £5, so it's quite wallet friendly. 

They do sandwiches, paninis, soups and things like that. You know, deli stuff. It's just refreshing to see a cute little cafe/deli thing in Middlesbrough, where it's mostly pubs or take-aways. Just a really nice place to go to for a change :)

Chilli Cake Deli
0 Baker St, Middlesbrough TS1 2LF
Phone: 01642 230268
Hours: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm (
Closed on Sundays)

No comments:

Post a Comment