Friday 23 November 2012

EAT POT

So this is the second part of the food we had from when we were in London. I would have posted it much sooner but uni work and my life of trying to catch up with sleep was keeping me away. But it's okay! I'm here now.

I've been trying to revive my photography skills. So I hope you guys like the Southbank of London and eating at strange new age eateries.




Christmas Market being set up!



Grumpy shopkeeper. 



Okay, so the eateries are not strange at all really. We just had a bite to eat at 'Eat' just before heading for a night with the London Philharmonic Orchestra with Ainaa and her housemates. It was thoroughly enjoyable - but I was completely out of my depth with in the world of classical music knowledge. Schumann? Beethoven? Who knows!

Anyway, back to the point, Eat to me is kind of like a food focused version of Starbucks. It's kind of takeaway but not really. So I'm not really sure how to describe it. It's good though. For the first time I tried pastrami - it was in this here delicious sandwich:



See how it oozes deliciousness? :D Bloomer bread, jarlsberg cheese, saeurkraut, whole-grain mustard and my new favourite sandwich filling, pastrami. Just crumbly, thin layers of beef. Mmm.

I pick up my sandwich to eat it and Dan looks at me with a raised eyebrow. So apparently... I have a food face. Basically, it's like I have fallen into deep and undying love for a piece of bread.

I'm not complaining. If I'm going to fall in love with anything that's not a person it had better be food.


Dan got a Toffee Nut Latte - it's like Christmas in a cup! We watched the sky turn dark on the Southbank of London as we warmed up with the latte. Later on we headed over to the Royal Festival Hall for the show.

Do you still call it a show if it's the orchestra? Gig maybe? Concert? Yeah, actually concert seems appropriate - we'll go with that.

It was all in all a capital evening :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mabel! Such lovely pictures. Pastrami sandwich looking so so good I want to bite it off my laptop screen.

    Hope all is well! : )

    -Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :) Yeah it was tasty! Hope you're well too. I really like your pictures too btw!

    ReplyDelete