Thursday 4 July 2013

Summer

Hello again :)

It's been a month-ish. In that time, I have travelled to faraway places and eaten lots of food, glorious food. There may be posts about those trips soon. Maybe. But for now, we have the easy comfort of brunch in an English town.

Middlesbrough gets a bad rep for being a little rough around the edges, which is kind of not so nice for Dan because it's where he grew up. It annoys him to no end when Middlesbrough gets called a terrible place.

And yeah, I won't deny that there are some really scruffy bits near the town centre, but the area where Dan grew up is lovely - it's all quiet suburbs, leafy lanes, family homes and big back gardens.

I always enjoy the walk to and from Dan's place just because it's a nice change of scenery.


Starting the day with brunch is always a good idea... even though I burnt the toast a little :/


Dan's new Lavazza coffee machine arrived today - which meant we got to use the nice coffee cups and pretend we were in Italy.


I always feel like daisies shouldn't be considered weeds. They're rather pretty, especially when you see them spread across an open field or sprouting on a curb. I will consider writing a poem about that. 


The walk home from Dan's - I was a little afraid someone would come out and yell at me because I was taking a picture of their house heh. This house has a really nice garden which you can see from a hole in the fence - just like the ones I imagined were in those Enid Blyton books that I used to read when I was a kid. 


Giant houses.


Another English summer day - a little grey but always good for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment