Sunday 27 October 2013

Work Lunch and the Drive Home

It's been a very busy couple of weeks at work. Fun and exciting. But also, exhausting. The event we were planning went well and I'm quite proud of the work we've done. Work has been great - I'm grateful for the opportunity to do something worthwhile :)

The other great thing about work is LUNCH. I get to explore new food places - which is always fun - we were at Anandham's in Sentul the other day. The food was really good and really cheap. This Vegetarian Set Plate with rice, papadam, beetroot, pumpkin, spinach, rassam (that top most bowl of sauce on the right), vegetable curry, dahl and buttermilk was only RM5.50!


It was so affordable and tasty. I think you can get it with chicken for RM7.50. AND some mysterious person paid for our lunch that day. So really, it was free! Not sure if I find that creepy or kind. But yeah, free food! Who can say no?


Also, since we're talking about work, thought I'd show you a bit of my drive home, this is the National Post Office. The building is quite old but I really like it - parts of KL just remind me of being a kid when my dad used to work in the city and we'd go quite often because he knew lots of places to eat and sight-see. We live in a suburb outside the city not far away but it still seemed exciting to go into KL.


This is the old Kuala Lumpur Railway Station that dates back to 1904, we have quite a few colonial style buildings in KL, I like them. They feel old without feeling dated - you can see a few others here.


This particular lunch was with Jade and Crystal -  Crys and I got the same thing and Jade got Biryani. This was also really good and came with a huge egg in the middle. Though I forgot how much it was I'm sure it wasn't expensive and the serving was massive. Hers came with dahl and some shallots in yogurt. So good! 


This was us being stuck in traffic across from The Gardens, Mid Valley. It's just a giant mall. It's quite nice inside but I think it looks better from the outside - especially at night when the lights are all on :) 


We also had a cold glass of Mango Lassi each. It was gooooooooood. Nice and refreshing. Here's a recipe I found on Google - it's quite simple but hard to get right sometimes - especially if you don't have the right mangoes because you wanna get the consistency of a smoothie or a milkshake. Tried making it with a few friends once in the UK, I think the mangoes weren't ripe enough so the Lassi came out kinda chewy... HAHA. It was err... not great. 


So yeah, that's a little bit about my work life and the nice city I get to drive through on my way home. It's not always a great drive because of the terrible traffic but you know, at least there's a good view.



No comments:

Post a Comment