Sunday 4 August 2013

Homemade Pizza

TODAY, we made pizza! 

It was pretty damn good, if I do say so myself. But of course, I cannot take all the credit. Let us all bow down to Gordon Ramsay and his Ultimate Cookery Course cookbook! 

It was quite a simple recipe, made with ingredients most people have lying around the house. Here is the same recipe with different toppings. We just used the recipe for the dough and followed the instructions. And for the topping, we kinda just went CRAZY! Okay, not really crazy - we just raided the fridge to see what was available. 

We were pretty lucky actually, because there was loads! Especially some lovely courgettes that Dan's mom's friend from work grew in her garden. So they're pretty fresh, I think :) 

Uncooked, courgettes are a little bland and have this weird foam board texture, but any kind of cooking, especially grilling makes them taste amazing. They have quite a subtle flavour, but it's quite a unique taste and I like it a lot. 


We knead you! 
Har har har...

Don't ask me why I'm not funny. 

/edit: 
Dan said: 'I don't think anyone will have to ask...' D:


So the great thing about this recipe, is this bit where you fry off the dough in a pan, because according to Gordon (no, I don't know him in person, but you know, we both like food, so in my head, we can be friends on a first name basis), a normal home oven is usually not quite hot enough to get that crisp fluffy dough. And it really works well this way, the base gets really nice and crispy, and when the top is ready, you put the toppings on. Easy peasy.


And if you have an oven proof pan, without plastic handles, then even better, you can place it straight into the oven to grill the toppings. 


As you can see here, the pizza looks pretty good.


And I can confirm that it tastes pretty good too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment