Wednesday 14 August 2013

Sunday Dinner

Two Sundays ago, Dan's mom made me a really nice Sunday dinner. Depending on where you are in England, people say dinner for lunch, and tea for dinner. But tea time is still "tea" time - which is at about four or five in the afternoon and involves tea (hence, the name) and a bickie of some sort. I like saying bickie because Dylan Moran likes saying bickie. So bickie it is.

Anyway, I haven't quite figured out why exactly lunch is called dinner and dinner is called tea. But I like it, it's fun and makes me think about certain books I've read with a plot based in England and wonder if they meant lunch or dinner. I know, probably not the most interesting thing to be wondering about, but I wonder about it all the same.


Dinner was a lovely roast chicken with three vegetables, roasties and homemade Yorkshire pudding :D Dan's mom makes a really nice Yorkshire pudding, it's really just better than the ones you get from a freezer bag and I think, they're made from the same batter as pancakes (the English ones), or so I've been told anyway. They're just lighter and more crisp if they're homemade... Might try and make a giant one :D


Homemade gravey! The real deal, folks :D

No comments:

Post a Comment