Thursday 15 August 2013

Whinstone View

Last Wednesday, Dan's family took me out for a really nice meal at Whinstone View, everyone came along, including, Dan's uncle, aunty and their son. It was really nice of them, and kinda made me well up inside. I'm so lucky to have met all these great people that made my stay in England so warm and welcoming. 

Whinstone View is a really nice place, near Great Ayton. It's just off one of the country roads, and it leads down to a little clearing that used to be a caravan park, it's got a lovely field with the restaurant overlooking it and a nice terrace which is lovely for eating outside in the summer. Quite a special little place. Apparently, they're gonna build a barn on their little land because they have a lot of weddings there. And I can see why, it's got a really great relaxed atmosphere and great food. 


It was a bistro menu, so they kinda did a bit of everything. The food was nice, simple and delicious. It was a really good experience, because while it was a nice place, it wasn't pretentious or stuffy, so you could just eat and have a great time. I got a sirloin steak with massive Jenga style chips lol. I mean just look at those things! Could build a log cabin with those. 


Dan's dessert - a brandy snap, banana and toffee thing... :D


I had an apple strudel with cinnamon ice-cream. It was really good, and the pastry was really light and flaky. Also, I thought the cinnamon ice-cream would be odd but it went really well with apple strudel. YUM.



And this is Dan's lovely family, who have been very kind and very nice to me and I'm very grateful to them for letting me be a part of their family :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment